Diamond Tiara


안녕하세요!

Hello creatures! Welcome to my personal blog. Are you a swagger? If you gonna search something,type a word or whatever in the below box!


Tagboard


Blog Archive


Contact Me

: facebook
: twitter
:xxbimblebee @ Instagram
: Email magicharm@live.com

Credits

© 2013 - Full Template by Anugerah Salsa and the basecode from Arrien Amani . Cute icon from Pixel.
When i took nursing...
2011-10-23 | 0 Diamond[s]
I'm supposed to make a "Why nursing?--the Yoomi Koryan version" however i decided to make it after i finished this blog about my college days.

First of all, it was not my first choice (nursing). I've always loved and dreamed to be a flight stewardess, tourist guide and the like. So that basically means my first choice was Tourism. However due to circumstances, i wasnt able to take up my "dream course" so i took up nursing instead.

During my pre-college days, i was called by the university which i applied for for an interview. Apparently, i was one of the contestants for the scholarship along with some of my high school buddies/ classmates. However due to my lameness during the interview i wasn't granted the opportunity.

So anyways, during my first year in nursing, the subjects weren't that hard yet. Well because it was kinda similar to what we learned during our last year in high school. We didnt have any major nursing subjects yet at that time. So we were like having the time of our life enjoying the course we decided to to take up.

Second year was a different story. We had our first major nursing subjects. It was kinda hard considering we didn't know anything yet at that time. We also started to have hospital duties. Our first exposure was in the provincial hospital, where we are assigned to 1 patient per student for 4 hours. Hard? Nah~ it was okay. We only had to look after our patient, take vitals signs before and after duty and record them on the chart.

Then our third year in nursing came. Although some of my friends didnt make it during the capping ceremony (due to failed grades/ grades didnt reach the qualifying GPA), i was glad that i was able to march in my white ward uniform along with my other friends and receive a cap and pin. After the capping ceremony, i began to face difficulties. The lessons (on major subjects) became so hard. We started to have case presentations.
After the capping ceremony with my umma, Dency's parents and Sheena eonni's umma and dongsaeng

The first one was a memorable one. We (my groupmates in duty and I) stayed super late at nights (and early mornings) just to finish our case. One of my assigned tasks during that time was to come up with the history of the patient's disease. A brief info about his life was also discussed there. After i came up with the patient's history, my groupmate read it. I wasnt aware that made a little grammatical error there and so they laughed so much about it. I felt so ashamed i started to dislike one of them. (Actually, i kinda dislike her even before the incident however i dislike her more because of that..but we're good after a few days ^-^) Aside from that incident, we also got a very low mark during the judgement day because of one of our groupmates. We hated what she did (she changed the prognosis which made a lot of infos wrong T.T).
My groupmates and I...This was next to the delivery room. We took pictures since we dont have patients yet.

Aside from starting to have case presentations, we also started to have duties in the hospital wards (this time for 8 hours or more) and special ares (like in the operating room and delivery room).

During my third year in nursing also i met and we formed our group (very small group consisting of me and my two closest buddies) called the Wonder Generation. We (or rather I) were big fans of Wonder Girls (especially their popular song, Tell Me) and Girl's Generation (Kissing You) and so we named our group after their names. Since that time then, our classmates started calling us the "koreanas" because of our (or rather my--however i influenced them hihi) addiction.
Wonder Generation which was turned into Babo Sisters a few months after.

Time flew fast that i didnt realize i became a forth year nursing student already. Here, i gained so many memorable experiences. We started to have duties on more special areas like the ICU, NICU and Hemodialysis Center. We also did medical missions since we were doing our best to complete our cases. I assisted only minor surgeries at that time since i was only in need of those. I was lucky enough i assisted a cute doctor from Davao however got discourage after a few minutes because i learned he already got a girlfriend. It was fun however it was difficult at the same time.
Outside our classroom..with Sheena eonni, Sheilou, and Pau eonni.

There was a time when we facilitated a seminar. We prepared so much days before however we were so unfortunate because during the day of our seminar, the electricity went off (brownout in short). And what's even worse was that the generator of our school got broken. TT.TT We felt so hopeless since only one, from our two speakers, were able to deliver her speech/talk. We decided to perform some intermission numbers then to capture the crowd's attention since they started leaving already. Left with no choice after my groupmates have performed their numbers , i went infront to perform as well. I swear we (Kuya Chico and Ronan, from other section) didnt practice however it turned out well (except that my voice wasnt good haha). We performed I Dont Care which was popularized by 2NE1. I sang the Korean lyrics for the 1st verse as well as chorus then the translated English lyrics for the 2nd verse after the first chorus. Kuya Chico, meanwhile, played the beatbox while Ronan played the guitars. I was so embarrassed because most of my CIs were there watching me. That was my first and last time to perform infront of all my classmates and CIs.

Too many things happened and if i tell it i think i wouldnt be able to finish my blog entry. So let's fast forward, nae?!

During the graduation, one thing i cant forget was that i tripped while walking inside the Cultural Center. I dont know if people noticed that. Maybe they did but i didnt care much as long as im graduating that day ^__^.
Finally, i got my diploma :)

Hmmm i dont really know how to finished my entry so let's just say i faced a lot of difficulties during my collage years. At the same time, i had soo much fun and i thank God for everything that has happened to me :).

The End.