Diamond Tiara


안녕하세요!

Hello creatures! Welcome to my personal blog. Are you a swagger? If you gonna search something,type a word or whatever in the below box!


Tagboard


Blog Archive


Contact Me

: facebook
: twitter
:xxbimblebee @ Instagram
: Email magicharm@live.com

Credits

© 2013 - Full Template by Anugerah Salsa and the basecode from Arrien Amani . Cute icon from Pixel.
The Kish Diaries
2015-09-16 | 0 Diamond[s]
In UAE in order to change your visa status you need to either pay the stamping fee at the immigration office or exit another neighboring country. In my case, I chose the second option since the first one wasn't applicable to my visa.

Kish Island is a small resort island located in the Persian Gulf and is part of the Hormozgan Province of Iran. It serves as an exit place for UAE expats for so many years now. For this reason, people have thought that the improvement seen on the island was due to the high income they received from the expats staying there. This is also where I went to when I had my visa status changed twice.

The first time I went there was during the last week of April, 2013. I stayed there for 13 days in Farabi Hotel  before I received my new visa (employment visa) from my new job (EIH). My stay there was memorable. I didn't only experienced new things but I also met new friends. I was able to view a glimpse of Iran's culture and history through the Kish tour that was offered by one of the Kabayans conducted.

Kish's Rial would make you feel like a millionaire due to the number of zeroes it got

The wishing tree located at the Green Tree Complex, which was built around one of the island's oldest lure trees. This is around 600 years old and was believed that it stood still after a strong tsunami hit the island years ago. It's an old fig tree and locals believed it could make your wishes come true so they tie some paper rolls or stings to the branches before making their wishes. 

My roommates in room 161 and I infront of the wishing tree. 
Taken at the entrance of Kish's Traditional Water Reservoir. Drinking water is somehow limited in the island years ago, so the indigenous people resorted to different methods of collecting water and this remnant attest to this fact. 
Visiting the inside of their old reservoir. 

The Mysterious Greek Ship
"In the west of the island, a massive ship has landed in the azure waters on the shores of Kish, which is known as the Greek Ship. On a hot summer's day, Kish natives saw a massive ship which had run aground near Baqou village with great astonishment. With the passing of years, the reason for the ship running aground remains behind a haze of obscurity. The ship was built by the William Hamilton Company in 1943, weighing 7061 tonnes and measuring 136 metres in length in Glasgow – Scotland. On July 26th, 1966, when returning to Greece form Iran, the ship ran aground at latitude 20º 26' N and longitude 54º 53' E. The Dutch tugboat, Orinoko, spent 80 days in vain trying to pull the ship out. Many failed attempts were made to free it, but the passengers were finally forced to abandon ship, because it was not financially feasible to move it. Information obtained from Lloyds of London insurance company show that the ship flew a Greek flag and was called Kolaof at the time. The ship's first name was "The Emperor's Horn", then "Naturalist", and in the years 1959 to one year before its final anchorage, it was owned by the Iranian ship company and was called "Cyrus Fars" and "Hamedan". Watching the sun set slowly behind the Greek Ship in the azure waters of the Persian Gulf is an unforgettable and lasting memory."---source: gokish.com

Fast forward to my second visit to the said island, which was last June 2015. I left UAE for Kish again to get a new visit visa after being cancelled from EIH. I stayed there for a week before i finally got my new one month visit visa. Like last time, I stayed at Farabi Hotel because its accessible to almost everything especially to the Kish Air Office. I met and gained new set of friends and made new memorable memories with them. 




Labels: ,